Drogheda Rowing Club Exhibition
The first clubhouse established on the 8th June 1867 was of timber construction and situated on the north side of the river, beside and under the viaduct, which carried rail traffic north and south.
The clubhouse on the Marsh Road was designed by P.J. Dodd, civil engineer, and a tender of £212 from a Mr. Pansing to erect the premises was accepted.
The new building was seventy foot by forty foot and contained a meeting room and bathroom.
P.J. Dodd also designed St Mary's Church in James Street , The Chapel in the Chord Cemetery and the memorial erected at the foot of Peter Street, (later moved to the Mall) to honour Benjamin Whitworth, a local Member of Parliament and first Commodore of the Rowing Club.